What can people do when they are out in public and are unable to prepare the healthy meal of choice for Phase 2 of the hCG diet protocol?
People on phase 2 of the hCG diet protocol learn to incorporate healthy foods into their daily diet. They learn to cook these foods using low fat and simple methods. Dieters learn to enjoy healthy meal choices and learn how to create desirable meals out of naturally nutritious ingredients, all while losing approximately a pound a day.
Phase 2 of the protocol is based on foods like: lean protein (fish, chicken, beef), tomatoes, celery, asparagus, spinach, onions, green apples, oranges, strawberries and tea. Eating out in public can be somewhat challenging for a dieter in Phase 2.
To avoid any pitfalls a dieter can enjoy their experience by utilizing these tips:
• Dieters can order a choice of approved protein on a bed of lettuce. They can ask to have the protein grilled and plain, free from marinades and sauces.
Ask for lemon wedges to marinate the protein or season with salt and pepper. Subway is a great alternative for a Phase 2 meal. Dieters can order the roasted chicken salad and add tomatoes, cucumber and green peppers. This salad offered on Subways menu is 130 calories and is Phase 2 friendly.
• Most establishments offer fruits and vegetables. Dieters can pick a fruit or vegetable from the approved food list and as long as they are free from preservatives or additives and they will be fine.
• 99.9% of the time a protein serving size will exceed the 4oz allowed on Phase 2. Dieters are encouraged to ask the server to request to the chef if the protein can be weighed to 4oz and be served. Ask if remaining of portion can be packaged for leftovers.
• Dieters may also pre-cook their protein of choice and bring it along with them to an eating establishment. Dieters can order approved protocol vegetables or fruits and add their protein to complete a Phase 2 friendly meal.
• Many diners and restaurant chains that offer a breakfast menu can accommodate the Phase 2 dieter. The dieter can order 3 cooked egg whites (not eggbeaters) with a natural protocol approved fruit or vegetable.
• Dieters can benefit for always carrying packets of powdered Stevia with them. They can use these for unsweetened teas and coffee. Starbucks is a wonderful option for the Phase 2 dieter. Starbucks offers an unsweetened Shaken Tazo Iced Passion Tea. The tea is infused with hibiscus, exotic herbs and all natural tropic flavors. Add in a powdered Stevia packet and it is wonderful. Best of all it has zero calories. Starbucks also offers a zero calorie hot Tazo Tea and of course their brewed coffee that is 5 calories black.
While dining out dieters should stick to the basics and when in doubt... don't order it, rather shift their focus from food to socializing and having fun with their friends and family.
Dieters should always try to choose organic or natural restaurants if possible. They are less likely to receive processed meats, or chemically induced fruits or vegetables.
Avoid pitfalls by using this restaurant/fast food tip:
• In today's age of awareness to health and obesity, many restaurants provide the consumer with nutritional information. Be aware that in some establishments there is deceit regarding the nutritional information. The deceit is coming from the sugar content not being disclosed. Unnatural sugars are one of the biggest factors that come into play with obesity. Not disclosing sugar content should be a crime. When reviewing the nutritional information on a menu, a dieter should be very observant if the sugar content is disclosed or not. If sugar content is missing the dieter should be very leery of what is behind the scenes of the food from the establishment.
Dieters should always keep in mind that they are on Phase 2 of the protocol. They should never forget it! If a dieter forgets it even for a second or if they forget exactly what the rules are, they are hurting their chances to lose the maximum amount of weight. The Phase 2 process of the hCG protocol is not for fun, it is for results!